Monday, March 27, 2017

Cap d'Antibes, one more time!

Our good friend Adrian just so happened to be visiting the Cote d'Azur, just before my planned departure date for Japan. Funnily enough, Adrian was one of the first people to pay us a visit here (as he used to live and work here), and he shall also be one of the last to visit... Instead of usual clichee activities blokes tend to do when meeting up, we decided to do something a bit more healthy...

The original plan had been to go mountain biking, but we had to change plans since I actually sold my mountain bike. So we decided to go for a hike instead. And what better place for a leisurely hike than Cap d'Antibes. What's best, we could combine that with a lunch with Mathilde (who couldn't join us for the hike, since she was working). So after a pleasant hike near Cap d'Antibes, we started off.

We were rather busy chitting and chatting, so the 3 hours hike turned out to be more of a 4 hour one, due to a couple of bad turns on my part. (pretending to be the local, and all...). But anyway, Cap d'Antibes was, as always, a fantastic hike. That beautiful coastline, the Med, and the deep blue sky, that's something I sure will miss over in Japan...

Oh, and we did manage to get a beer in before I had my train to catch back to Cagnes-sur-Mer. Anyways, it was great to meet Adrian again!

No comments: