Saturday, March 25, 2017

Finnish birthday parties, and a leaving do, I suppose...

Both me and Henna have our birthdays in March. So, celebrating these two wonderful (?) events was a pretty good excuse to get together with the Riviera Finns and say good bye to them properly before heading off to Japan. Actually, celebrating our birthdays together has been a bit of a tradition the last few years. This time around, we offered to have the party at our place.

Thankfully, everybody could make it, that is to say: Mikko, Marianne and young Aleksi, and Aki, Henna, and their three boys. As always, I got some nice pressies (including a nice collection of craft ales). Plenty of good food was consumed, plenty of alcohol was drunk. Thingss were also considerably livened up by the young boys running around!

So all in all, a great evening. I'm gonna miss my fellow Finns, that's for sure. Mikko and Marianne are, I guess, the people we've known for the longest time here on the French Riviera. We haven't met up as often as I'd have liked to over the last couple few years (usually happens when the kids arrive - perfectly normal!), but whenever we've met up, we've had great fun. Hope they can make it to Japan to see us! 

No comments: