Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Moonlight walk at Greolieres-les-Neiges

We have (or rather, had, since I left my employer!) a rather cool tradition at STMicroelectronics, where each winter, we do a moonlight walk at one of the local ski resorts. My ex-colleagues were kind enough to let me join them for  this year's walk, even if I was no longer employed at STM.



We (myself, Lionel, Eric and Alain) started off towards Greolieres-les-Neiges from Sophia-Antipolis, and arrived just before the sun was starting to set (the walk was a bit late in the year this time around, so it got dark later than usual), and we started our ascent. As usual, I had some technical difficulties - this time one of my walking poles was broken. Oh well, it happens every year to me, so I'm getting used to it. As usual, Alain galopped ahead of us, like a mountain goat (not quite sure how he could see anything, since he wasn't even wearing a frontal lamp??).


The snow coverage was a bit sparse, so we had to take off our snow shoes every now and then, when the snow cover got too sparse. We got a pretty decent full moon this time around, like last year, and had some pretty awesome views from the top. We made it all the way up to the of the Cheiron, from where we enjoyed the views, and more importantly, some of Mathilde's grand-dads inimitable Calvados. And then, time to head back down. All in all, a great way to spend a Monday evening, I would say!

No comments: