Wednesday, March 1, 2017

MK, one more time (well, actually, two...)

So this week was kind of an emotional one - the last week at work. My 4+ years at STMicroelectronics have been great - I've worked on a great project, with some great people, and I've learnt loads of stuff. Yeah, I know, it sounds like standard, formulaic stuff you say when you leave a company, but it's really true in my case. To be honest, I feel a bit less sad about leaving the company STM, than I felt a few years ago leaving Nokia, but the work has really been great the past few years, and I've made a lot of friends. And lost weight, thanks to the fact that my French colleagues seem to prefer sport to drinking beer. So good for me!

Anyways, one place I did go to quite a few times to enjoy beer and food is a place called MK (formerly known as Maitre Kantrer), in Saint-Philippe. So naturally, this is the place I had to have my leaving-do with my soon-to-be ex-colleagues. In actual fact, I decided to have two leaving dos, since I couldn't find a date that worked for everybody. The first one took place on Monday, and I had a pretty good turnout. As usual, I got the table assigned to Mr. T ;-)

On Wednesday, then, for the real, final, leaving do. Now, much to my delight, the good staff of MK had prepared a bit of a treat for me. They gave us the honour of piloting their new burger  - a truffle  burger, no less. And boy, was it delicious. But, even cooler, after having a chat with the chef, the lady actually promised to NAME THIS BURGER AFTER ME! Wow, now that's seriously cool. The "Mr. T Burger", or "Le Teemu Burger". And they even paid for my beer! Now that warmed my heart! Not sure whether they ever kept their promise, but it's a cool story to tell, anyways ;-)

So, all in all, it felt quite wistful to leave ST Microelectronics, especially to say good bye to all those great colleagues. Snif.  

No comments: