Thursday, March 30, 2017

My last few days in France - for now at least!

So, just a couple of days left on the Cote d'Azur, before it was time to head off to the land of the rising sun. It was all getting almost scary - but I kept reminding myself that living in Japan was something I'd been dreaming about for ages.

So, anyway, seeing as I just had a couple of days left on the, I decided to make the most of it. I started off with a lunch with Tutta, by aunt, who lives just next doors at Villeneuve-Loubet. We dedcided to go to Bistrot de La Marine, a place I've been wanted to try out for quite some time. A good choice - the food really was excellent. A bit pricey, but well worth it I thought. And great to see Tutta one more time before heading off!

Now, those of you who know me, know that I love going to the pub. It is true that my pub frequentation has much reduced since I've moved to France, which is probably for the better. I guess it would be an exaggeration to say I have my "regular" over here, but if I did have one, it would certainly be Ma Nolan's in Cannes (not really a local drinking establishment, agreed, but seeing as there's no proper pub in Cagnes, that's kind of inevitable...). So, anyways, off we went with the usual suspects, that is to sayAurelien, Julie and Julien (OK, "no show" Julien isn't really a regular, but I was happy to have him there anyway...). As always, we had a great time catching up - for the last time for a long time maybe ?

On my last night before catching my flight to Tokyo, we decided to make one last visit to Haut-de-Cagnes, the very picturesque old town of Cagnes. A place we used to visit quite frequently when we moved, but hardly ever go to these days... After a pleasant stroll around, we headed off for dinner at one of our favourite restaurants at Cagnes, Les Baux. The food was, as always, great.

That brought an end to my 10 years stay in France. I figure 10 years is long enough in one place, even one which we've loved as much as we've loved the French Riviera and Cagnes-sur-Mer. I think we'd both reached a point in our lives where we wanted a change, and Japan seemed to be the obvious choice.

But France, has been great to me, and who knows, we may well come back to live here before long. So, this may be an "A bientot", rather than an "Au Revoir"...

No comments: